It’s probably fair to say that most people who are looking for a seafarer job are probably quite busy. They could be anywhere in the world while they’re searching for work at sea, and they could be urgently trying to line up their next contract.
Applying for jobs in any industry can be hard work. Job seekers are usually up against an untold number of competitors, and in the maritime industry, for seafarers, it can feel like they’re constantly seeking their next contract.
But what if there was a way to find seafarer jobs quickly and easily? And a way to track applications and stay in touch with the employer or manning agent without having to send emails or keep picking up the phone.
How a mobile app can make find a job easier for seafarers
The Martide mobile app for seafarers is a custom built solution for anyone looking for high quality maritime jobs, no matter where in the world they are.
We designed our app with seafarers in mind: We know they need to stay one step ahead when it comes to finding the next contract and we know they don’t always have access to a computer or laptop.
That’s why our smartphone app is so handy – it’s literally like having a maritime recruitment agency, seafarer job board, and resume in the pocket. Plus it makes finding and applying for work at sea so much easier.
The list of vacancies for seamen on the app works the same way as our website’s maritime jobs list – it’s just scaled down in size to fit the screen of a smartphone or tablet.
And once a seafarer has registered an account and uploaded their information into their user profile they’ll be able to apply for any of the jobs that catch their eye.
How to get started
Getting started is as easy as 1, 2, 3. It’s also completely free to download the app and register an account with us – Martide never charges seafarers to use our services.
- Download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Click the Create an Account button on the home screen and enter your name, date of birth, and email address. Choose a password and confirm it.
- Log in and you’ll be taken to the seafarer jobs page. Jobs are listed in order of priority with the positions that are embarking soonest at the top.
- Tap your device’s screen and you’ll be taken to the job details where you can see information including the vessel type and specs, the estimated crew change date, the contract length and the shipping company / employer.
- Apply for the vacancy right there and then on your phone by filling in the requirements that appear when you tap Apply.
At the bottom of the screen there are icons for Find Job (the job page), Messages, My Job (for tracking applications) Notifications, and Profile. We highly recommend job seekers fill in their User Profile as fully as possible as the information entered here automatically filters into a job application.
This makes it quick and easy to apply for multiple jobs from Cook to Chief Officer to Ordinary Seaman to Able Seaman jobs (depending on qualifications!) without having to fill in personal details and upload documents every time.
The seafarer profile is basically a maritime resume online: It contains personal details, work experience, education, special skills, physical specifications, training undertaken, and certificates, licenses and documents held.
Seafarers can even add their preferences when it comes to finding work such as the minimum salary required, vessel specs, and the preferred contract length.
Other features in Martide’s seafarer job app
Finding a job is probably a job seeker’s top priority but the app also has some other useful features.
- The Messages tab allows seafarers to stay in touch with employers, manning agents and Martide without having to switch to a separate email account.
- The My Job tab lets candidates easily track the seafarer job applications that are in progress.
- The Notification tab shows helpful reminders if a seafarer needs to do anything regarding a job application and tells them if any of their seafarer documents are about to expire.
And the benefits of Martide’s seafarer jobs app:
- It’s absolutely free to download and use.
- It’s been specially designed to be mobile / cell phone friendly.
- It works on both iOS / iPhone and Android OS.
- It’s easy to use and makes applying for maritime jobs quick and simple.
Martide for Marine Startups