Marine Startups purpose is to provide information around and relevant to startups and scaleups in the ocean economy. This information comprises news, company showcases, opinions of individuals in the industry and articles produced by our own editors. Our community comprises entrepreneurs and professionals in the ocean economy, investors in this sector, individuals interested in the sector. Our content is produced by professionals in the sector. Marine Startups will ensure that the content we provide adheres to these principles and any content that is not relevant, deemed to be of poor quality by our curators and editors or infringing anyone’s copyrights or trademarks will be removed.
Each participant in our community is responsible for maintaining these principles.
Violations of these principles may result in consequences such as suspension of your and removal of your account.
Hate speech, threats of violence and incitement
We do not allow:
- Content that threatens, encourages, or incites violence against anyone, directly or indirectly
- Content that promotes violence or hatred against people based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity
- Posts or accounts that glorify, celebrate, downplay, or trivialize violence, suffering, abuse, or deaths of individuals or groups.
Privacy, Reputation, Harassment
We do not allow:
- Posting private information without the explicit consent of all parties: private communications, images of persons, sensitive or confidential information
- Using private or public personal information to target, shame, blackmail, harass, intimidate, threaten, or endanger individuals
- Posting images of persons without the subject’s express consent
- Posting content that is defamatory, harmful or abusive for companies, products or individuals. For example you can review a product that you use professionally and provide information about its positive and negative sides but you cannot rant against that product
- Bullying, threatening, or shaming individuals, or posting things likely to encourage others to do so
We do not allow graphic or disturbing media.
We do not allow content promoting sexual or violent exploitation.
Copyright and trademark infringement
We do not allow deceptive conduct. All accounts should correspond to real people or businesses.
Ads, Promotions, and Marketing
Promoting your own business and services is welcomed. Promoting products or services other than your own is not permitted. Referring to third party services and products should be done in a way that is not considered a promotion of these products or services. For example, you are welcome to post your achievements by or experience in using a software but you are not allowed to post a generic review of the said software if you do not use it as a professional and only want to promote it.
How to report a violation
If you find a post or account that violates these rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you break the rules
We reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, or community.